Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cookin'?





Photobucket

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate and Peanut Butter = Heaven
What you need:
2 cups peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, divided
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips, divided



Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Unless you grabbed crunchy pb like I did.  Which at this point won't make a big difference.  Crumble your grahm crackers.  I used my mini processor.  You'll see this a lot in my posts.  I seriously heart this thing!




Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. We call it 10x. With your hands or a wooden spoon, work in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.


Press evenly into a pam-like sprayed 9x13 dish.  Make sure you press really hard and that your mixture is just a tad bit sticky.  The firmer it's pressed, the better it will come out.


MELT remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter and remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in medium, microwave safe bowl.  I go about 20 seconds then stir and continue this until it is melted smooth. This is where creamy vs crunchy makes a difference.  Had I used creamy like I was suppose to...well, you get the picture...


Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars. Store in covered container in refrigerator.




Next week.....home made jalapeno poppers!  SOOOO GOOOD!!

No comments: