Thursday, December 8, 2011

Adventures in the Mailbox!!

Let me first say how stinking hard it is to find postcards!  I think that I went to at least 15 different shops before I finally found one that had them (and they kind of suck).  Also, you should know that it takes 3 postcard stamps + a 10 cent stamp + a 1 cent stamp (or two regular stamps + a 10 cent stamp) to mail a postcard out of the country.  I was unaware of this and stuck just one stamp on my ugly postcards and sent them on their way.  HA!  I'm still waiting for a few of the one stamp postcards to be registered by the addressee....updates to follow! 

So, number 72 on my list is send and receive 20 postcards through Postcrossing.  Postcrossing is simply this: send a postcard and receive a postcard back from a random person somewhere in the world. I don't think I have ever been so excited to get the mail! So far I have received 7 postcards!  In my profile I asked for the random persons favorite quote in their language.  AWESOME!!  So much fun!!!


Finland- "Believe in your dreams, rely on the notes of your heart."

Taiwan- "What I most concern about is not whether I failed in the past but if I can be content with failure."

VanLear, KY-"When something is bothering me, I write a song that tells my feelings." Loretta Lynn

Minst, Belarus- "Keep smiling.  This irritates many people."

Japan- "Dear God, How come you didn't invent any new animals lately? We still have just all the old ones."  From Children's letters to God.

Amsterdam- "Today is a party and tomorrow as well."

Washington- "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.  Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."  Albert Einstein


How cool is #72?!?!

No comments: