Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jalapeno Meat Loaf - A comfort food Dinner

I decided to do this because I made these on Christmas Eve Eve. They were DELICIOUS!  But I bought way too many jalapenos and decided that the extras would taste awesome in meat loaf.  I was right! 
My measurements are not exact.  It's basically a to taste kind of recipe but I'll share what I did! Also, I cook for about 8 right now.  This can definitely be scaled down to feed just 2-4.


What you need:
3 lbs hamburger, thawed
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
12 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (more or less to taste)
a "palmful" each of  cumin, black pepper, onion powder, creole seasoning (pictured below)
grated parmesan cheese
chipolte sauce of some kind (mine is pictured below)
1 egg
about 1 sleeve of saltines crushed to smitherines  (I usually used homemade bread crumbs but it's not my kitchen and all my lovely gadgets are stored away!)

What to do:

In a bowl combine hamburger, cream cheese, and jalapenos.


Then add your palmfulls of seasonings
a palmfull




Add about 3 good squirts (or palmfulls if your is powder) of your chipolte seasoning and then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over it.








Add your egg and bread/cracker crumbs

Get to mixing!  I find that my hands work best.  Be sure to remove rings...this is messy!

















This is the creole seasoning I use.  I think you can buy it online.  (I hope so cuz they don't sell it in the north!)

The chipotle seasoning.  I think it was free with coupons!

Divide into two loaf pans.  I put ketchup AND mustard on top.  And sometimes BBQ sauce.

Bake at 375 degrees (farenheit) for about 45ish minutes. 

This should be eaten with mashed potatoes and veggies.  Total comfort food!  
That is cottage cheese on top of the mashed potatoes.  YUMMY!

No comments: